Mid City Pediatrics has added additional protective measures to ensure the safety of our patients and their families, regardless of the nature of their visit. We want to ensure that everyone stays as safe as possible as we move forward.
- Expect to be screened by a member of our office staff under the portico.
- Simply drive under the portico to the stop sign.
- Office staff will ask you some quick screening questions, take temperatures, and collect
your phone number.
- Proceed to the parking lot, where you will wait in your vehicle.
- You will receive a text message when it is your turn to be called back to the exam room.
We want to remind everyone to please have your Phreesia check-in information filled out in advance.
- You can check in with this information prior to appointments either on your computer or on your phone.
- If this is not done in advance, please note that your check-in time may take longer. The office staff will send the incomplete Phreesia check-in paperwork to the number that you provided at check in and it will need to be completed in the car while you wait.
- *If you are coming in as a walk-in sick visit, you may still call in advance to let us know that you will be coming. We can send this information to you so you can have it filled out.*
- These measures allow you to avoid the waiting room and will allow you to go straight to your room after your child’s measurements are taken.
Mid City Pediatrics understands that parents may be apprehensive about their child’s upcoming doctor’s appointments. The AAP recommends that children continue to be seen for well child visits and in-house sick visits when necessary. We hope that we can alleviate some of these fears by taking the following steps to ensure that our clinic is set up in a safe way to keep everyone protected.
- We have completely separate sick and well sides of the building.
- The same doctors who see sick patients will continue to see sick patients all day. The
well doctors will see well patients all day. There is no crossover between the two sides.
The same is true for our nursing staff.
- We have separate sick and well entrances (two separate sick entrances depending on
how the screening questions are answered).
- We have continued our normal cleaning practices and added even more thorough
cleaning procedures to each exam room.
- Toys have been removed from each room.
- If your child is used to our MCP stickers or suckers, we still have them! You will just have to ask the staff at check out.
*To limit possible exposure, it is requested that only one person in addition to the patient come inside for the visit. We understand that this may not always be possible. Please understand that it is for the safety of our staff and yours.*
We at Mid City want to provide the BEST and SAFEST possible care for all of our families!