We are now offering telemedicine visits at Mid City Pediatrics. We utilize the Zoom app which can be used on any computer, tablet or smartphone with a video and audio connection. The types of visits that may be appropriate for telemedicine include:
- minor colds
- ADHD (in in the appropriate time frame)
- feeding problems
- skin problems
- earaches (depending on situation)
- certain follow up visits
- abdominal (some), GERD, constipation
- developmental questions
Please note that everything listed may not meet the qualifications for a telemedicine visit and will be up to the doctor’s discretion as to whether an in office visit will be required.
How to utilize our telemedicine procedure:
- Call our office at 318-221-2225 to schedule your telemedicine appointment. Or, if your child has an upcoming traditional appointment, you may be receiving a call from a nurse to inform you that you have the option to have your child seen via a telemedicine visit.
- Download the Zoom app on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can do this by going to zoom.com. If you anticipate the need for this service, you may go ahead and download the app.
- You will be given an appointment time, meeting ID number, and password. Please be ready and on time for your appointment.
- Make sure to have the video AND audio connected for your Zoom appointment.
- Before your call, weigh your child and take their temperature if at all possible.
- Have your child beside you during the call so that your child may be visually examined
by the physician during the video conference.
- Your insurance will be billed for the telemedicine visit. Any of your normal insurance co-pays and deductibles will apply to telemedicine visits. If you have specific billing questions regarding telemedicine visits, please call your insurance company directly.
We have had a lot of positive feedback about our telemedicine visits. We encourage you to try a telemedicine visit in the future should the appropriate need arise.